- 1/2/1991 [+] Interview Conducted in Almati Previous December. With Sabdalin, Qiyal.
Talk about recent protests, hunger strikes (October, 1990) in protest to "imperial rule. Ermekova talks of her arrest, how government is 95% old communists. Talk of Kazakh police versus Russian; Nazabaev's orders for them to eradicate opposition groups, followed by severe crackdown.
- 1/3/1991 [+] continuation of above interview (1a). With Sabdalin, Qiyal.
Interviewees talk about more general goals of their party, how they don't drink or smoke, their press rights, distortion of their goals by the press, called 'extremist' by government and press, repression of opposition group members. Also criticize expatriot Kazakh community (in Turkey)'s lack of support for their cause and support for the present regime instead.
- 1/26/1991 [+] Interview conducted in a shelter in Almati. With Sabdalin, Qiyal.
Former squatters, some 52 families, in an unoccupied apartment building, who were previously forced to leave their original apartment building describe how the building they were occupying was raided by the police and they were (literally) thrown out on the street and now are homeless and without shelter.
- 1/26/1991 [+] continuation of above interview (7a).
More detailed accounts of former squatter's plight (accounts are often very emotional, with yelling and crying).
- 29/301 Jan. 1991 [+] Interview conducted in Almati. With Sibdalin, Qiyal.
Aqataev calls for a return of the former Alash Orda's property; right to free press and compensation from Soviet government; intervention of international court; Kazakh youths ignorance of politics; Kazakh territory not to be divided.