- 3/14/1991 [+] interview conducted in Almati. With Sabdalin, Qiyal.
Discusses Turgut Ozal's visit to Kazakhstan, how it is a momentous occasion and his joy at having first Muslim head of state pray together with them at Friday prayers; talks about upcoming month of Ramadan; increased interest in Islam among Kazakhs.
- 3/21/1991 [+] Report of news from Kazakstan over phone from Almati. With Sabdalin, Qiyal.
Sabdalin reports on Nawruz being declared a public holiday by Nazarbaev; economic and educational ties with Turkey; signers of the "Commonwealth" agreement; letter from Aqataev to Kazakh people about independence; complaints of secret millitary activities; communist support in Chimkent.
- 3/21/1991 [+] Reports news over phone from Almati, followed by interviews on the street. With Sabdalin, Qiyal.
Sabdalin reports on voting statistics for the referendum for independence; interviews Senbin and others on how they voted and why, asks what their impressions of Ozal's visit are and whether they listen to RL or not.
- 3/22/1991 [+] interview conducted in Almati (very poor recording). With Sabdalin, Qiyal.
Aytpaev describes the purpose of the organization, books and publications, research; activities for the reivival of the Kazakh language; state language issue; origin fo the Society; membership.
- 3/23/1991 [+] continuation of above interview. With Sabdalin, Qiyal.
Aytpaev talks of connections with Kazakhs in Ozbekistan, Qirghizstan and other parts of the Soviet Union; Ozbeks; Ozbeks and Qirghiz thinking of following his society's example; relations with similar societies in other republics; claims Society is non-conflictive; inolved in interesting Kazakhsin their own language and in reviving older names.
- 3/26/1991 [+] interview conducted at RL in Munich. With Oraltay.
Burkitbaev is a medical doctor on professional visit to Germany; talks of work in archives and about pre-medieval Turkic history; gives legendary account of historyof Turk Empire and Qarakhan Batir.
- 3/27/1991 [+] Continuation of interview (19a). Oraltay.
Burkitbaev talks of previous visits to Germany; impressions of emigrant Kazakh community; changes in Kazakhstan and economic/social/political backwardness; gives personal history and current activities; laments loss of religiousness and ecological destruction; gives first-hand account of ecological and human damage created by nuclear testing in Kazakhstan.
- 3/28/1991 [+] interview conducted in Almati. With Sabdalin, Qiyal.
Shakanov talks about Nawrus holiday, Aral Balqash roundtable discussions; international delegation to visit Kazakhstan; Foreign aide for victims of Aral Sea crisis; his committee's findings on the December Uprisings.